Featured Post

Orphans and the world at large

Losing a parent is undoubtedly a traumatic experience for any child. It is an experience that will follow that child, likely playing a larg...

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Sister , My Friend ! ( 1 )

Greetings to all who visit my blog & Foadac outreach,

I have been away from my outreach and my blog for quite some sometime now. That is because the cold hands of death took my sister away. She was my friend , she was my poster girl for (foadac) My sister was beautiful , kind , loving , fun , a jewel that was simply special .

There is no other loss in adult life that appears to be so neglected as the death of a brother or sister. It is sometimes not even a subject of discussion. Nevertheless, this is a loss to which most of us are repeatedly exposed. While we have only one mother, one father, and one spouse (at least at any given point in time), it is not uncommon to have several siblings. Therefore we are more exposed to sibling deaths than to other losses.

When you lose a brother or sister in adult life, you experience many of the same losses as you would if you had lost that sibling in childhood. However, despite the fact that you are more mature and have access to the resources you require, you have the disadvantage that there is less social recognition of the loss as an important one.

The death of a sister means that you have lost someone who was a part of your formative past. This person shared common memories with you, along with critical childhood experiences and family history.

Abby has died and I have lost someone who has been in my life for a very long time. A constant in my life is now gone though not erased.

When death robs you of a sibling, it feels particularly unfair, untimely, and cruel. On the flip side, her sweet and gentle soul has now moved on to the great beyond and resting in perfect peace.

So I will just let grief run its course as I continue to thank God for allowing me to share in her life.

Please bear with me as I run this series on my blog for a little while yet!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit us often to see your donations at work

Blog Archive

Followers