Featured Post

Orphans and the world at large

Losing a parent is undoubtedly a traumatic experience for any child. It is an experience that will follow that child, likely playing a larg...

Monday, May 12, 2014

My Sister , My Friend ( 2 )

As the days go by and I continue to think of my sister , certain thoughts have found their way into my mind . Like the fact that there are special characteristics unique to the sibling bond. It is a relationship that can be quite profound, either positively or negatively.

Brothers and sisters influence each other’s identity in fundamental ways
Along with this, just living together in the intimacy of family life puts us in positions with our siblings where normal feelings of tension and aggression are bound to erupt. Yet siblings are also often sources of affection and security.

Sibling relationships may be close and intimate, distant and formal, or anything in between. What is important to remember is that sibling relationships are often marked by attachment as well as antagonism, caring as well as competition, and loyalty as well as lingering resentment. Certainly one of the primary factors influencing my grief over the death of my sister is the type of relationship I had with her. In this case I loved our relationship irrespective of the ups and downs.

You are all over my head today dear Abby , missing you lots !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit us often to see your donations at work

Blog Archive

Followers