Featured Post

Orphans and the world at large

Losing a parent is undoubtedly a traumatic experience for any child. It is an experience that will follow that child, likely playing a larg...

Friday, June 13, 2014

My Sister , My Friend ( 4 )

 As I continue to deal with my grieve , I look at things in serveral differnt ways. Like the fact that sometimes

People forget the importance of siblings in our lives. Here are some characteristics of the sibling bond that caught my attention:

• It's the longest relationship we'll have in our lives. We are typically only a few years apart in age. We usually know them longer than our parents, spouses and children.

• We witness more life events and life changes with our siblings than anyone else.

• We share a sense of family, belonging and culture.

• They teach us how to function in society and communicate with others.

• The time spent together in our early years is greater than with our parents.
 sibling loss reminds us of the uniqueness of the sibling bond.

Typically, siblings will carry this loss through a large portion of life. We will want a way to memorialize our sibling. No one ever gets over a death, it becomes a part of us and we take it with us throughout life. 
 I know deep within my shattered heart that I was blessed in life with not only a wonderful loving sister but also someone I called my best friend.   


The days are dark and gray now , I do not see any joy or thoughts of what would have been in our life in the form of dreams we both had together . It’s hard to come to the realization now that this will never be.  We will not be two old ladies rocking on a porch someday chatting about yesterdays , or sharing a hug as we did most times ,or a call just to say hello .  I miss her more than my soul thought it could know .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit us often to see your donations at work

Blog Archive

Followers